- Software framework for the fast and efficient development of data fusion systems for series production
- Provides dynamic object fusion for automated driving functions such as AEB, ACC and Highway Pilot
- Supports all relevant automotive sensors like radar, camera and lidar
- Scalable from radar-camera front fusion up to 360° object fusion using multiple radars, cameras and lidars
- Consistent development workflow from prototyping with vADASdeveloper or ROS to series production, e.g. with AUTOSAR Classic/Adaptive
- C source code for embedded hardware platforms, e.g. Aurix 2G, Renesas RH850 and ARM Cortex-R52
- Series production ready (ASPICE)
- Based on consistent, traceable and fully reviewed requirements, architecture, design and test documents
- Full test coverage and code inspections
- Graphical configuration of data fusion systems
- Flexible and easy adaption of data fusion applications to different sensor-setups or -types
ADDRESSED USE CASES AND DRIVING FUNCTIONS
- SAE level 0-3: Automated Emergency Braking (AEB), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), piloted driving
- SAE level 3-5: Object fusion as part of a diverse redundant safety architecture, e.g. ASIL D decomposition
Consistent development workflow
BASELABS Create Embedded provides a consistent development workflow - from pre-development and prototyping to series production. Utilizing the tool makes the implementation of data fusion systems for embedded platforms faster and much more efficient. The development tool contains data fusion algorithms that combine data from radar, camera and lidar sensors. The resulting C source code can be used along the entire development chain. Thus, the development tool drastically reduces the development effort at every stage on the way to series production. BASELABS Create Embedded allows for safety compliant data fusion development, including documentation and testing for safety use cases.
BASELABS Create Embedded supports a wide range of sensor technologies and object/track interfaces from various vendors, e.g. Continental ARS, Aptiv ESR, Bosch MRR, Mobileye EyeQ, Valeo Scala and Ibeo HAD.
Custom or extended sensors can be implemented and integrated using the software development kit (SDK).
To process low level data such as lidar point clouds or high-resolution radar images, the Dynamic Grid provides an alternative approach.
Data fusion designer and generator
With the data fusion designer, the radar, camera and lidar sensors of the vehicle setup are configured, customized and parameterized. A specific data fusion system for object fusion is generated from this configuration.
Data fusion reference architecture
The integrated reference architecture for object fusion algorithms allows to build data fusion applications ranging from two sensor systems to large 360° setups with many sensors. The architecture can be customized and extended.
Data fusion library for embedded systems
The integrated data fusion library contains algorithms to build custom object fusion systems, e.g.
- numerically stable Kalman filters,
- data association methods,
- sensor models,
- existence probability handling and
- track management algorithms.
The C source code of the library is fully accessible
and ready for embedded platforms:
- Compatible with relevant series hardware, e.g. Aurix 2G and Renesas RH850
- Runtime- and memory-efficient
- Customizable and extensible
- Human readable and close to hand-written code
- MISRA-C:2012 compliant
- Self-contained, no dependencies to external libraries
Middleware compatibility and integration
BASELABS Create Embedded is compatible to all middleware systems and provides a seamless integration of the generated data fusion algorithm to many platforms and runtime environments:
- AUTOSAR classic/adaptive
- bare metal environments
- any custom middleware
Contact & further information