Use our contact form to get in touch with BASELABS. If you want to sign in for our newsletter, please click here.
ADDRESSED USE CASES AND DRIVING FUNCTIONS
BASELABS Create Embedded is the tool for the development of data fusion systems for automated driving functions. It provides data fusion algorithms that combine data from radar, camera and lidar sensors. The resulting object fusion provides a unified object list of the vehicle's environment, e.g. for the following use cases:
- Automated Emergency Braking (AEB), e.g. using radar & camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Object fusion for highway pilot (HWP) and traffic jam pilot (TJP)
- Object fusion for SAE 0-3 functions
- 360° data fusion using radars, cameras and lidars
- Object fusion for dynamic objects at detection and object level
- Data fusion for redundant and complementary sensor sets
- Object fusion for diverse paths in decomposed safety architectures
- Static objects fusion using occupancy grid and dynamic grid technologies
BASELABS Create Embedded supports a wide range of sensor technologies and object/track interfaces from various vendors, e.g. Continental ARS, Aptiv ESR, Bosch MRR, Mobileye EyeQ, Valeo Scala and Ibeo HAD.
Custom or extended sensors can be implemented and integrated using the software development kit (SDK).
To process low level data such as lidar point clouds or high-resolution radar images, the Dynamic Grid provides an alternative approach.
BASELABS Create Embedded helps to make the development of data fusion systems much more efficient and faster. The tool consists of several components:
Data fusion designer and generator
With the data fusion designer, the radar, camera and lidar sensors of the vehicle setup are configured, customized and parameterized. A specific data fusion system for object fusion is generated from this configuration.
C source code - ready for embedded platforms
All data fusion algorithms are provided in C source code. This code is:
- Compatible to relevant embedded platforms, e.g. Aurix 2G and Renesas RH850
- Efficient both in terms of CPU and memory consumption
- Customizable and extensible
- Numerically stable in single precision (32-bit floating-point)
- Human readable and almost identical to hand-written code
- MISRA C 2012 compliant
- Dependency free
Data fusion reference architecture
The reference architecture for object fusion algorithms allows to build data fusion applications ranging from two sensor systems to large 360° setups with many sensors. The architecture can be customized and extended.
Data fusion visualization and diagnosis
The built-in visualization and sensor data checks provide diagnosis functionality for developers.
Middleware compatibility and integration
BASELABS Create Embedded is compatible to all middleware systems and provides a seamless integration of the generated data fusion algorithm to many platforms and runtime environments:
- AUTOSAR classic/adaptive
- bare metal environments
- any custom middleware