- Software library for the fast and efficient development of data fusion systems for series production
- Provides dynamic object fusion for automated driving functions such as AEB, ACC and Highway Pilot
- Supports all relevant automotive sensors like radar, camera and lidar
- Scalable from radar-camera front fusion up to 360° object fusion
- ISO 26262 compliant
- Compatible with ISO 23150 "Road vehicles - Logical interfaces"
- Consistent development workflow from prototyping with ROS to series production, e.g. with AUTOSAR Classic/Adaptive
- Support for typical development platforms, e.g. NVIDIA DRIVE
- C source code for embedded hardware platforms, e.g. AURIX™ 2G, Renesas RH850 and ARM Cortex-A73
- Graphical configuration of data fusion systems
- Flexible and easy adaption of data fusion applications to different sensor-setups or -types
- Fully customizable white box solution
- Built-in data fusion diagnostics
- For more details, see BASELABS Create Embedded FAQ
Find out more about sensor fusion or contact us.
ADDRESSED USE CASES AND DRIVING FUNCTIONS
- SAE level 0-3: Automated Emergency Braking (AEB), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), piloted driving
- SAE level 3-4: Object fusion as part of a diverse redundant safety architecture, e.g. ASIL D decomposition
Consistent development workflow
BASELABS Create Embedded provides a consistent development workflow - from pre-development and prototyping to series production. Utilizing the tool makes the implementation of data fusion systems for embedded platforms faster and much more efficient. The development tool contains data fusion algorithms that combine data from radar, camera and lidar sensors. The resulting C source code can be used along the entire development chain. Thus, the development tool drastically reduces the development effort at every stage on the way to series production. BASELABS Create Embedded allows for safety compliant data fusion development, including documentation and testing for safety use cases.
More information on how to get your sensor fusion on the road faster and more efficient - contact us.
BASELABS Create Embedded supports a wide range of sensor technologies and object/track interfaces from various vendors, e.g. Continental ARS, Aptiv ESR, Bosch MRR, Mobileye EyeQ, Valeo Scala and Ibeo HAD.
Custom or extended sensors can be implemented and integrated using the software development kit (SDK).
For details on the supported sensor interfaces, see BASELABS Create Embedded FAQ or contact us.
Data fusion designer and generator
With the data fusion designer, the radar, camera and lidar sensors of the vehicle setup are configured, customized and parameterized. A specific data fusion system for object fusion is generated from this configuration.
Data fusion reference architecture
The integrated reference architecture for object fusion algorithms allows to build data fusion applications ranging from two sensor systems to large 360° setups with many sensors. The architecture can be customized and extended.
Data fusion library for embedded systems
The integrated data fusion library contains algorithms to build custom object fusion systems, e.g.
- numerically stable Kalman filters,
- data association methods,
- sensor models,
- existence probability handling,
- track management algorithms,
- classification fusion,
- synchronization of asynchronous sensor measurements and
- handling of out-of-sequence measurements (OOSM).
The C source code of the library is fully accessible
and ready for embedded platforms:
- Compatible with relevant series hardware, e.g. AURIX 2G and Renesas RH850
- Runtime- and memory-efficient
- Customizable and extensible
- Human-readable and close to hand-written code
- MISRA C:2012 compliant
- Self-contained, no dependencies to external libraries
For more details on the library, see BASELABS Create Embedded FAQ or contact us.
Middleware compatibility and integration
BASELABS Create Embedded is compatible to all middleware systems and provides a seamless integration of the generated data fusion algorithm to many platforms and runtime environments:
- AUTOSAR Classic/Adaptive
- bare metal environments
- any custom middleware
For details on how the data fusion integrates into middleware systems, see BASELABS Create Embedded FAQ or contact us.
Built-in data fusion diagnostics and debugging
To analyze the current system behavior and performance, developers require a rich and customizable visualization that shows all relevant information in an integrated way. Often, data fusion issues are hard to find and thus require additional development time. The embedded data fusion library BASELABS Create Embedded comes with a built-in visualization of the data fusion results, the sensor fields of view, and the sensor data in a birds-eye-view according to the configured sensor setup. Furthermore, it includes a diagnostic tool that provides detailed insights into the data fusion system, e.g. to derive sensor parameters or to find the reason why a certain measurement is not associated with a track. By selecting single tracks of interest, a detailed analysis of associated measurements and uncertainties for distinct components of the state is possible. Using diagnostics, you can easily discover if a track is only confirmed by some of the sensors but not by all of them.
ISO 26262 compliance
BASELABS Create Embedded enables the safety-compliant development of data fusion algorithms. The contained embedded software library is developed according to ASPICE and ISO 26262. By that, the software can be directly used in series development and drastically reduces the development effort.
BASELABS Create Embedded has been developed in accordance with a relevant sub-set of ISO 26262:2018 requirements and methods for ASIL B.
It comes with:
- A safety case that can be integrated into the safety case of the system to be developed.
- A safety manual that gives users guidelines on how to use the product in a safety-related context.
Please find the detailed safety argumentation in our Safety Concept.
Parts of BASELABS Create Embedded are considered as a software tool, i.e. this tool might need to be qualified when used in the context of the ISO 26262 (see ISO 26262:2018-8 Chapter 11). Create Embedded supports this tool qualification by two means:
- The software tool itself has been developed according to relevant aspects of ISO 26262 and ASPICE, addressing the possibility for 'evaluation of the tool development process'.
- A test suite is provided to enable users the 'validation of the software tool'
For the software units that come with the embedded data fusion library, users benefit from
- the extensive documentation containing all relevant algorithmic and design details,
- the implementation and testing according to ISO 26262 guidelines,
- the implemented error detection mechanisms (derived from failure mode analysis) that provide a solid basis to perform error handling at the software-architecture level, specific to the system to be developed and
- the test reports for the intended hardware, compiler, and operating system and the specific version of BASELABS Create Embedded.
The confirmation reviews of relevant ISO 26262:2018 work products were performed by a Principal Safety Engineer of the exida GmbH. The assessment of the compliance of the development process with ASPICE was performed by an intacs™ Certified Competent Assessor. BASELABS ISO26262-2018 Confirmation Reviews Cover and Summary
Contact & further information
BASELABS Create Embedded FAQ
This page answers typical questions about sensor fusion technology, integration, and safety aspects of the data fusion library BASELABS Create Embedded.
Get in touch with Eric Richter, Director Innovation Technology of BASELABS.
Sensor Fusion Hub
Everything you want to know about Sensor Fusion and how to use it.